Go Green Gloucester Advisory Committee
The Committee shall serve as the advisory body for the Board of Supervisors; the Committee shall determine, research, analyze, and propose methods for Gloucester County to promote and implement “green/sustainable” technology methods and practices within the County.
The County is thinking green and Public Works is taking steps to implement as many affordable green initiatives at County properties as funding permits.
- Geothermal heat pumps have been installed at some historic court green buildings.
- Many incandescent bulbs have been replaced with compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and older T12 bulbs with magnetic ballasts are being replaced over time with electronic ballasts.
- Mercury Vapor lamps at the Gloucester Point Fishing Pier have been replaced.
- Nine buildings have been put on Direct Digital Controls (DDC) for their HVAC units, allowing them to be programmed for times of usage.
- Parking Lot lights have been replaced with fluorescent bulbs.
- Used motor oil from County vehicles is recycled.
- Used office paper is recycled.
- 7 p.m.
- 4th Tuesday of every odd numbered month
The committee shall include members to fill the following roles, Dominion Virginia Power Representative, 7 Gloucester Citizens, 2 Gloucester business owners, a real estate developer, 2 county staff representatives, as well as a liaison from the Board of Supervisors. Terms are for 2 years.
|Henry Thompson, Chair||Citizen Representative||Email Henry Thompson||12/31/2020|
|Phil Olekszyk||Local Business Owner Rep.||804-694-4609||Email Phil Olekszyk||6/30/2020|
|Doug Dwoyer||Citizen Rep.||804-694-7541||Email Doug Dwoyer||12/31/2020|
|Crystal Bright||Dominion Energy Rep.||757-220-4175||Email Crystal Bright||12/31/2021|
|Travis Gibson||Citizen Rep.||757-619-2644||Email Travis Gibson||12/31/2020|
|Carl Hershner||Local Business Owner Rep.||804-694-0391||Email Carl Hershner||12/31/2021|
|Tiffany Speas||Citizen Rep.||757-246-1908||Email Tiffany Speas||12/31/2020|
|Kevin Landry||Staff Rep.||804-693-1217||Email Kevin Landry||N/A|
|Denise Mosca||Citizen Rep.||804-815-0661||Email Denise Mosca||7/31/2020|
|Robert "JJ" Orth||BOS Representative||804-693-4762||Email Robert Orth||12/31/2019|
|Brent Payne||Director of Engineering Services||804-693-5480||Email Brent Payne||N/A|