Welcome Message from the Sheriff
Welcome to the website for the Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office. The dedicated men and women of this agency invite you to take a moment to explore the information contained within these pages. Here, you will learn more about our diverse organization, the specialized divisions that comprise it, and the services we provide to the citizens and visitors of our community.
The Gloucester Sheriff’s Office is a state accredited, twenty-four hour, full-service agency. We are staffed with professional law enforcement, corrections, civil process and communications employees who are proud of the positive impact they make daily through their service.
Thank you for visiting this page, and for taking an interest in your Sheriff's Office. Please feel free to let me know how we are doing. We continuously strive to demonstrate our dedication to the highest level of public service founded upon the ideals of "Honor, Integrity, and Commitment."
- D.W. Warren, Jr., Sheriff
The Mission of the Sheriff's Office is to provide for peace and security of all residents and visitors of Gloucester County.
The responsibilities associated with this mission are many. They include:
- Enforcement of state, local, and federal laws
- Protect life and property
- Operate a secure and safe jail
- Identify criminal offenders and criminal activity and, where appropriate, to apprehend offenders and participate in subsequent court proceedings
- Reduce the opportunities for the commission of some crimes through preventive patrol and other measures
- Aid individuals who are in danger of physical harm
- Protect constitutional guarantees
- Facilitate the movement of people and vehicles
- Assist those who cannot care for themselves
- Resolve conflict
- Identify problems that are potentially serious law enforcement or government problems
- Create and maintain a feeling of security in the community
- Promote and preserve civil order
- Generally assist citizens in urgent situations (American Bar Association, 1983)
We carry out these responsibilities diligently, courteously and take pride in the services we provide. We work in cooperation with community agencies and groups to promote understanding and to enhance our law enforcement capabilities.
Concerns or issues with our website can be directed to Captain Mark Hawkins, who can be reached herersion OptionsSheriffHeadline. For questions and concerns about our office and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please direct such inquiries to our ADA coordinator Captain David Shield at 804-693-1374 or through email here Version OptionsSheriffHeadline.