Business & Excise Tax Division
Business, Professional & Occupational License Tax Ordinance
The Code of Virginia provides the authority for the localities to adopt a business license ordinance and also provides guidelines to administer the ordinance.
Prepared Food & Beverage Tax Ordinance
This ordinance was adopted by authority of the Code of Virginia by the Board of Supervisors of Gloucester on January 7, 1997.
- Sarah, Revenue Coordinator - Business Tax
The Gloucester County Commissioner of the Revenue's website includes links to other sites that are neither controlled nor sponsored by the Commissioner of the Revenue. We have provided these links for your convenience and to give you easy access to other departments or organizations whose expertise may be related to the mission of this office. Inclusion of these links is not an endorsement by the Commissioner of the Revenue of the sites' sponsors or the information presented.
- Do I need a business license?
- Is there a minimum amount of income I can receive before I must obtain a business license?
- What steps must I take before I can apply for a business license?
- How do I apply for a business license?
- How much will the Business License cost?
- If I am operating the business from my home, do I need to contact zoning?
- Can I apply for a business license by mail?
- When does the license have to be renewed?
- Do I need an employer Identification Number?
- What form do I file to obtain a Sales Tax Identification Number from Virginia Department of Taxation?
- How do I obtain a Virginia Contractors license?
- I am an out of town contractor, do I need a business license in Gloucester County?
- What is Business Tangible Personal Property?
- What is the tax rate?
- What is the due date for filing?
- Will an extension be granted for the filing deadline?
- Who must file a Business Tangible Personal Property Tax Return?
- How do I file a Business Tangible Personal Property Return?
- Do I have to file if I have no equipment to report?
- Do I have to file a new business property return each year?
- If my business ended after January 1, do I still need to file a return?
- How is business property assessed?
- Some of my tangible personal property is fully depreciated. Do I have to report these items?
- What is meant by "original capitalized cost"?
- I own personal property that I lease to others for their business use, but my agreement requires them to pay any local taxes that might be assessed. Do I have to report leased property on this form?
- I lease tangible personal property from others. Do I have to report these items if the lessor is also reporting them to you?
- What if I am a sole proprietor and I own the equipment personally?