Step 1: Identify Your Opportunity
There are so many opportunities to make a difference in children's lives. Come join us! You choose the school, the day, and the grade and leave the rest up to us! Choose one that fits for you and click next to fill out the forms necessary to volunteer.
- Art Assistant - Assists aft teacher with project preparation and hanging up art for display. Time commitment is determined by the volunteer and the art teacher.
- Classroom Assistant - Perform a variety of tasks such as making copies, creating bulletin boards, filing, assisting students with projects and more. Time commitment determined by the volunteer and the classroom teacher.
- Clerical Volunteer - Perform a variety of tasks such as making copies, creating bulletin boards, filing, assisting students with projects and more. Time commitment determined by the volunteer and the classroom teacher.
- Enrichment and Enhancement - Help present an enrichment for our students by sharing a hobby, talent, or skill after school. Examples include: Introduction to Japan and Its Cultures, Drama Clubs, or Young Scientists. Time commitment varies depending on the enrichment. Learn more on enrichment and enhancement.
- Library Assistant - Helps in all ares of the library such as shelving books, making copies, repairing books, special projects, reading stories to the younger classes and more. Time commitment is determined by the volunteer and the librarian.
- Lunch Buddies - Join their student once per week for 30 minutes to share their lunch and walk-and-talk. Time commitment varies according to child's needs. Minimum of 30 minutes per week.
- Special Events - Help with any special events that may come up during the year. Time commitment varies according to the event.
- Study Trip Chaperone - Attend a field trip with your child's class. Some study trips may be limited to the number of people. Time commitment is generally 4.5 hours per trip.
- Tutor / Book Buddy - Under the supervision of the teacher, works one on one or with a small group of students to reinforce classroom instruction. Teachers provide materials plus instruction to the tutors. Time commitment is 1 to 2 hours per week on a designated day each week.