- Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court
- Holidays & Closings
Holidays & Closings
- January 1, 2023 – New Year’s Day
- January 2, 2023 – Closed
- January 16, 2023 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 20, 2023 – President’s Day
- May 29, 2023 – Memorial Day
- June 19, 2023 – Juneteenth
- July 3, 2023 – Closed
- July 4, 2023 – Independence Day
- September 4, 2023 – Labor Day
- October 9, 2023 – Columbus Day
- November 7, 2023 – Election Day
- November 10, 2023 – Veteran’s Day (Observed)
- November 22, 2023 – Close at noon
- November 23, 2023 – Thanksgiving Day
- November 24, 2023 – Closed
- December 25, 2023 – Christmas Day
- December 26, 2023 - Closed
In the event of inclement weather or emergency, court closures and delays will be posted on the following local news channels:
- WAVY, NBC 10, Norfolk, www.wavy.com
- WTKR, CBS 3, Hampton Roads, www.wtkr.com
- WVEC, ABC 13, Norfolk, www.13newsnow.com
- WTVR, CBS 6, Richmond, www.wtvr.com
This information will also be available on Virginia’s Judicial System at www.vacourts.gov and by calling the court’s direct line (804) 693-4850.
If the court has a delayed opening, and:
- Your case was scheduled during the time of the delay, please be prepared to appear in court at the scheduled opening as your case will be called upon the court’s opening.
- Your case is scheduled at the time of opening or later, please be prepared to appear in court at your scheduled hearing time. Your case is not delayed and will be called at the scheduled time or as soon thereafter as possible.
Following a court closure, all cases scheduled on the affected date(s) will be continued. All parties will receive a summons or notice of hearing with the new court date. It may take the Clerk’s Office a week or two to continue these cases. Please do not call to request a continuance date.
Closings or Delays