The mission of the Code Enforcement Office is to administer County Ordinances for:
- Tall grass and weeds on developed but vacant parcels. (Code Section 13-28)
- Bulky waste and refuse improperly placed or stored. (Code Section 13-27)
- Unsafe structures. (Code Section 5-16)
- Unsafe structures are vacant or abandoned structures that are kept or maintained in a condition that is subject to unpermitted entry or collapse.
- Inoperative vehicles. (Code Section 18-30.1)
Inoperative vehicle means: Any motor vehicle which is not in operating condition, or, which for a period of sixty days or longer, has been partially or totally disassembled by the removal of tires and wheels, the engine, or other essential parts required for operation of the vehicle, or on which are displayed neither valid license plates nor a valid inspection decal.
- No more than one inoperative vehicle may be stored outside of buildings and when stored outside of a building an inoperative vehicle must be shielded or screened from view by covers, or other means.
- Abandoned vehicle.
Questions? Please contact Greg Gentry, Code Enforcement Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-693-0219.